If you want to keep a healthy relationship, the best solution is to communicate with each other frequently. To say is easier than to do. Most people engage themselves in tackling the trifles, but ignoring the most important person in their lives. Here are seven easy communication tips for safeguarding your relationship and your health.
- Talk every day. Communicate with your partner with honest and sincere as far as possible. You love this person, and you can tell him more things that are important to you without the fear of being judged. Have an easy post-dinner walk with him and talk about what’s on your mind. Don’t forget holding hands, affection is just as important.
- Compliment each other. Everyone loves to be complimented. The key here is to compliment things beyond the appearance. Telling your partner they look great can’t be more. If your husband is adept in cooking, compliment his skills; if your wife is a good listener, let her know it. It’s influential and meaningful to praise inner virtues.
- Be thoughtful. If your partner have a meeting or a major project that day, you can text or email him to show your concern and wish him to get everything well-done. If your partner get sick and have to stay at home, you can make delicious soup for him after work. These subtle acts can show that you really care about him.
- Fight logically. Keep calm and fight logically if you are going to quarrel with each other. If you are frustrated about his failing to fulfill his promise, you can tell him your emotions instead of blindly blaming nor shouting: “You always break your promise!” You can try to tell him: “I am very sad because you promised but failed to do. “
- Don’t bottle things up. Small things can breed big problems if you bottle things up. Never run away from discussing a problem because of a potential dispute. Stay cold-headed in argument. Small problems can certainly be solved, and the signs of poor relationship will be nipped in the bud.
- Become an active listener. Make efforts to grasp active listening skills, and practice makes perfect. Remember to make eye contact, nodding, responding such as “well”or “hum”. Repeat what he say and express your concern about it. Practice it more, this will be interesting. Of course, you can laugh away if you really can not do.
- Say I love you. Nothing could be better to express your love than telling your partner how much you value your relationship. It feels really wonderful to say I LOVE YOU to him. Take actions and make him feel your affection.
Communication is the key to a happy relationship. When you have a harmonious relationship, you’ll happy and healthy physically and mentally! Learn to communicate with your partner by heart, so you could free yourself from stress.